How to create invoices with payment terms

  • Settings
  • How to create invoices with payment terms

Última actualización: 28/03/2017

Payment terms on invoices indicate the date and the amount which an invoice is intended for, taking into the account the date that it was created. In this article we will explain how to create invoices with different payment terms.

Managing the payment terms for your invoices is crucial to ensure that your financials are taken care of accordingly.

create payment terms

 

How to create invoices with different payment terms

The following steps will guide you on how to create, edit or remove payment terms for your invoices:

  1. Go to |Settings| by clicking on your username, on the top right corner of the screen.
  2. Go to |Management Listings| and then select |Payment Terms|.

Creating a payment term involves adding entries for each type of payment term that you work with, specifying how many days can pass since the invoice was created till when it is due by. You may also include a percentage (%) to indicate how much needs to be paid.

For example:

  • If you wish to create a 30-60 day period for which an invoice needs to be paid by (with 50% of the payment required within the first 30 days and the remaining 50% required within the next 60 days) you will need to configure your payment term settings to look like this:

payment term example 1

  • If you wish to set a 25% up front fee and a 90 day period to pay the remaining 75%, you will need to configure your payment term settings to look like this:

payment term example 2