STEL Order allows you to import large amounts of information into your online CRM. Here we will explain how to import client and product information into STEL Order.
You can also import other useful information at any time:
- Potential Clients
All that is required for this is to have the information that you wish to import/export available in an Excel format (.xls or .xlsx) or a .csv file.The following steps will guide you on how to import your information:
- Go to |Settings| by clicking on your username, on the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to |Import/Export|
In the |Import from file| tab, you will need to configure the following options:
- Information Type: Here you can set the type of information that you wish to import.
- ID/Ref. Number: Here you can define a reference number for the file that you wish to upload, or you can allow STEL Order to do this automatically for you and assign its own reference number (see more on how to configure reference numbers for documents here)
- Header and Titles: Here you can set how many rows or columns are used for title or header purposes within the document you are importing.
- File Format: Here you can confirm if the document is an Excel file (.xls and .xlsx) or if it is a .csv file.
- Category: Here you can choose whether the information you are uploading belongs to an existing category within STEL Order.
- Payment Option (only for clients): Here you can choose if the client list you are importing will use a default payment option. You will need to create these options before selecting them.
- Assign To (only for clients): Here you can select if the client list you are uploading belongs to a certain STEL Order user or agent.
- Applicable Tax (only for products and services): Here you can set the type of tax that is applicable to the product or service list that you are uploading.
- Subject to Primary Tax / Subject to Secondary Tax (only for clients): Here you can select whether the list of clients that you are importing are subject to a certain type of tax or not.
- Managed Stock (only for products): Here you can select whether the list of products that you are uploading will have a managed stock or not.
After you have configured this information, you will need to select a file by clicking on |Upload file|.
After loading the file, you will see the first five rows within the file. This is where you can select which column corresponds to each field in STEL Order and to ensure all the information is carried over correctly.
In other words, the title of each column will appear with a box on top to select which data entry it corresponds to. Please double check that each column is paired with the appropriate field.
Once all of this is done, all you need to do is click the |Import| button to begin importing your information into STEL Order.
This import will be carried out regardless of any information that has previously been uploaded. If you upload a file with information that is already on STEL Order, you will duplicate your information on the system.
To avoid this, you will need to use the |Update| feature (you will find more information about mass data updates using STEL Order here).