In this article we will explain how to set the price for each product or service as well as the cost. This will enable you to view accurate margins for every purchase and sale that you make using STEL Order.
To set the price for a product or service, you will need to click on the [Commercial] tab within the desired product page.
- Minimum price: This is the lowest price that your product will be sold at, once all of the discounts have been applied.
When an invoice or purchase is in progress, and the price for the product is lower than the indicated minimum, a notification will appear on screen to inform you of this.
You will also be able to configure STEL Order so that an invoice cannot be completed if the price is lower than the indicated minimum (see the help center article on general settings).
How to set product pricing: Working with margins
- Sales margin: The percentage that represents the net profit generated after a sale.
This is calculated using the following formula: (Net profit/Sale price)*100.
- Purchase margin: The percentage that represents the net profit generated based on a purchase.
This is calculated using the following formula: (Net profit/Purchase price)*100.
- Active margin deactivated: You will need to input the purchase and sales price so that STEL Order can automatically calculate margins.
- Active margin activated: You will need to input the purchase and sales margins so that STEL Order can automatically calculate prices.
All prices must be inserted before taxes, as this will be included automatically in your invoices later on.